In the past two years Carlow Education Centre has completed
- a “Write a Book” project in which over 100 primary pupils participated
- In Tune Carlow organised in conjunction with the National Concert Hall and the ESB which included a music workshop at the centre attended by 35 local teachers.
- Summer courses for teachers in computers, Calligraphy, Substance Misuse Prevention and promotion of a healthy lifestyle amongst students.
- Evening seminars on Primary Movements in children open to teachers and parents.
- Evening courses and support sessions on computer use in the classroom.
- Evening courses for Principals and teachers on The Principal and the Law” and, “Teachers and the Law.
- Evening courses including “Emergent And Early Reading Approaches” ; “Classroom Management”
- Weekend courses such as “Role of Occupational Therapy with special needs children”, “Dyslexia: A Practical Approach for Teachers”.
- A library subcommittee which has purchased books and other reading resources under the National Reading Initiative
- Learning Support Group: gave advice on the purchase of resources using the National Reading Initiative funding
- Library facility is developing: it includes reference books, CD ROMS, Videos